Introduction to Photography Course
Course price: £180.00
13 hours of tuition consisting of two evening classes and two daytime fieldwork lessons.
The course would include:
- understanding the basic parameters of photography
- familiarisation with your camera and how to use its controls
- experimenting with different camera control ‘modes’
- understanding different designs of cameras and what they can do
- apertures and shutter speeds
- focusing and depth of field
- the uses of different kinds of lenses
- white balance and ISO
- what is RAW format and how to use it
- introduction to what makes certain images more attractive than others
- how to correctly expose the image
- light – how to measure it and different kinds of light
- light temperature and white balance
- film and digital
- basics of composition
- how to compose an image & how to break composition rules, creative cropping etc.
- PRACTICAL EXERCISES in the above and then looking though the results together and discussion
and perhaps most importantly of all, we will begin to look at:
- seeing pictures - the very first steps to help developing your own visual language
Note: This is not intended as a strict curriculum, we may vary the topics we go into depth with depending on the particular interests of the class.
To reserve your place please book here.
Please just ask us! We like to adapt our classes so far as possible to concentrate on what is of most interest to attendees. If there is something in particular you would like to know more about, let us know, and we'll see what we can do.
The dates for course are shown in the calendar. If particular times or dates don't suit you however, don't worry. Let us know, and we may be able to adjust a schedule to everyone's convenience, using an online scheduling app, or even to create a new event. Also, if you would like to attend one or two classes but not a whole course, let us know and we will see if we can fit that in!
Also, because we are practising professionals working for editorial and commercial clients, it may on rare occasions be necessary to reschedule a class. When this is necessary, we will look for a date which is mutually convenient, or make alternative arrangements to make sure that you don't miss out!